The county public service board is mandated to and responsible for the human resource management of the county public service. The board has a secretariat responsible for execution of its decisions. We are delighted to provide service to the county.
An excellent County Public service that provides effective services and promotes the people to champion service delivery.
To align human resource, support systems and functions to achieve efficiency and effectiveness in service delivery.Powers of a County Public Service Board (Section 59 of t)
Powers of the County Public Service Board includes
- Inform and educate county public officers and the public about the values and principles;
- Recommend to the county government effective measures to promote the values and principles;
- Assist county governments in the formulation and implementation of programs intended to inculcate in public officers the duty to uphold the values and principles;
- Advice the county government on their obligation under international treaties and conventions on good governance in the county public service;
- Visit any county public office or body to a view to assessing and inspecting the status of compliance with the values and principles;
- Investigate, on its own initiative or upon a complaint made by any person, the violation of any values and principles;
- Recommend to any relevant lawful authority, any necessary action in view of the violation of the values and principles by any person or public body;
- Cooperate with other institutions working in the field of good governance in the public service;
- Perform any other function as the board may considers necessary for the promotion of the values and principles.
The functions of the County Public Service Board shall be, on behalf of the County Government, to—
- Establish and abolish offices in the county public service;
- Appoint persons to hold or act in offices of the county public service including confirming appointments.
- Exercise disciplinary control over staff in the county public service
- Prepare regular reports for submission to the county assembly on the execution of its functions .
- Promote ethical standards in the operation of the county public service
- Develop a coherent, integrated HR planning and budgeting for personnel emoluments in the county.
- Advice on implementation and monitoring performance management system.
- Make recommendations to SRC