Equity Week Regional Meeting held at Tambach...

Equity Week IBP 2017

H.E. Governor Alex Tolgos noted that he is happy that Elgeyo Marakwet County and our Development partners; International Budget Partnership (IBP) Kenya and the Center for Innovations in Open Governance (CIOG) hosted the Equity Week 2017 Regional Meeting that was held at Tambach Teachers Training College.

The event drew from at least ten Counties including: 
Turkana, West Pokot, Samburu, Baringo, Nandi, Uasin Gishu, Trans Nzoia, Busia and Makueni County both the Executive and the County Assembly.

Elgeyo Marakwet County enacted a law called County Equitable Development Act (EDA) 2015 which applies rational and objective ways of distributing resources among its Wards.

The objectives were amongst others to; realize equitable allocation of resources, enhance accountability mechanisms in development related matters in the county and ensure continuous public participation in project identification, prioritization, implementation and oversight of projects.

EDA provides that 60% of our county annual financial resources be allocated equally amongst all the (20)Wards while the remaining 40% is allocated to Wards based on their unique statistical profile parameters.